WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From International OEMs with the following job titles:
Directors, Chiefs, Heads of, Managers And Specialists In The Following Areas:
- Lightweight Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mass, Energy and Aerodynamics
- Complete Vehicle Engineering
- Advanced Vehicle Technologies
- Group Engineering
- Engineering - Body Engineering
- Vehicle Architecture Engineering
- Body Structures
- Lightweight Construction and Vehicle Weight
- Technical Development
- Technology Development - Composites
- Polymers and Fluids
- Materials Concepts
- Co2 Technology Innovations
- Material Development
- Lifecycle Assessment
Dr. Liliang Wang
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Imperial College, UK
Dr Wang is leading a metal forming research group of over 20 researchers at Imperial College. He is currently supervising 13 PhD students and 5 post-doctoral researchers as a principle supervisor. In the past 5 years, 4 PhD students graduated from Dr Wang's group. Dr Wang has been one of a small group of young research workers who have pioneered the use of Cloud based FE analysis and coupled with advanced materials and process modelling techniques to study a wide range of metal forming processes. The data driven approaches developed in his research will enable new research themes, manufacturing technologies and business models to be developed and operated in a more efficient manner.
Dr Wang published over 90 publications including 1 book chapter; >50 papers in peer-reviewed journals. The citations for publications are >680 since 2014, with an h-index of 14. Dr Wang has a growing international reputation as witnessed by many invitations to deliver invited talks, and the very positive feedback of his research work from scientists in the UK, many European countries and China. Dr Wang is a scientific committee member of two international Conferences and reviewer for 23 international journals.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE:
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
THE LARGEST AUTOMOTIVE OEM-LED LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS CONGRESS IS RETURNING FOR ITS 8TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
After continuous global growth and expansion the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2019 conference is returning with a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme of High Performance Lightweight Materials for Electric Vehicle Body and Battery Structures.
Summit participants will learn about new material characteristics, key application areas and about overcoming real-world limitations for:
- New Steels & Mixed Metals Including Super High Strength Steels And Innovations To The Aluminium Series
- Innovations In Low Cost Composites Including The Use Of Recycled Composites
- Combining Hybrid Materials To Improve Material Performance Including Stiffness
- Developments In Lower Cost Glass-Fiber Technologies To Compete With Aluminium
This will include in-depth investigation into the latest developments and trends in multi-material architectures, material evaluation and selection strategies, innovative applications for the latest high strength steels, advanced aluminium alloys, composites, thermoplastics and emerging 'frontier' materials, component weight reduction strategies, as well as best use practices with innovative joining technologies and processes for BIW and many more.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the industry's evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions
- Unrivalled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and cocktail party that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures, bev battery structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.