WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From International OEMs with the following job titles:
Directors, Chiefs, Heads of, Managers And Specialists In The Following Areas:
- Lightweight Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mass, Energy and Aerodynamics
- Complete Vehicle Engineering
- Advanced Vehicle Technologies
- Group Engineering
- Engineering - Body Engineering
- Vehicle Architecture Engineering
- Body Structures
- Lightweight Construction and Vehicle Weight
- Technical Development
- Technology Development - Composites
- Polymers and Fluids
- Materials Concepts
- Co2 Technology Innovations
- Material Development
- Lifecycle Assessment
Dr. Lei Shi
Senior Chief Engineer of Qoros R&D
Qoros Motor Company
Throughout his career, Lei Shi has been engaged in vehicle integration and lightweight design, multidisciplinary optimization design, platform architecture development (Gas internal combustion/new energy vehicle), product reliability and robust design, body and chassis CAE technology, vehicle crash safety and durability digital prototypes. He was the first engineer to establish an advanced vehicle performance integration and lightweight development platform and evaluation system. And firstly developed the "design-manufacturing-cost closed-loop body lightweight integrated design" technology and successfully applied and implemented in mainstream OEMs.Lei has published more than 20 research papers (SCI 9) and has been invited as a keynote speaker to present more than 30 times in China and overseas in cross-disciplinary fields of automotive industry and mechanical engineering communities. Dr Shi served as reviewer of the internationally renowned journal SAE WORLD CONGRESS/ENG. OPTIMIZ/STRUCT. MULTIDISCIP. OPTIMIZ/INT.J CRASHWOETHINESS etc. He won the SAE International Technical Awards several times, obtained the technology achievement award of "Reliability-based technology for vehicle lightweight design"in Ford Motor Global Research and Innovation Center in North America and received and award for "Excellent Mentor" in R&D center of Great Wall Motor. Additionally, he published two books: "Vehicle Materials and Lightweight Trend" and "Vehicle Safety Simulation and Design Optimization".
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE:
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
THE LARGEST AUTOMOTIVE OEM-LED LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS CONGRESS IS RETURNING FOR ITS 8TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
After continuous global growth and expansion the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2019 conference is returning with a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme of High Performance Lightweight Materials for Electric Vehicle Body and Battery Structures.
Summit participants will learn about new material characteristics, key application areas and about overcoming real-world limitations for:
- New Steels & Mixed Metals Including Super High Strength Steels And Innovations To The Aluminium Series
- Innovations In Low Cost Composites Including The Use Of Recycled Composites
- Combining Hybrid Materials To Improve Material Performance Including Stiffness
- Developments In Lower Cost Glass-Fiber Technologies To Compete With Aluminium
This will include in-depth investigation into the latest developments and trends in multi-material architectures, material evaluation and selection strategies, innovative applications for the latest high strength steels, advanced aluminium alloys, composites, thermoplastics and emerging 'frontier' materials, component weight reduction strategies, as well as best use practices with innovative joining technologies and processes for BIW and many more.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the industry's evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions
- Unrivalled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and cocktail party that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures, bev battery structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.