WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From International OEMs with the following job titles:
Directors, Chiefs, Heads of, Managers And Specialists In The Following Areas:
- Lightweight Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mass, Energy and Aerodynamics
- Complete Vehicle Engineering
- Advanced Vehicle Technologies
- Group Engineering
- Engineering - Body Engineering
- Vehicle Architecture Engineering
- Body Structures
- Lightweight Construction and Vehicle Weight
- Technical Development
- Technology Development - Composites
- Polymers and Fluids
- Materials Concepts
- Co2 Technology Innovations
- Material Development
- Lifecycle Assessment
Chief Operating Officer
Tomasz Czarnecki, graduated in 2002 from the Technical University of Czestochowa, Poland, in Materials Engineering.
From 2003 to 2006 he was a researcher at the Composites Materials Group at the Catholic University Leuven in Belgium, with the focus on lightweight sandwich structures and polymer composite materials. At that time, amongst other activities, of which many were related to automotive composite solutions development, Tomasz was a member of the development team of the "first composite suitcase" launched by Samsonite in 2005 - Cosmolite.
In 2006 he joined EconCore where initially he initially took responsibilities for Materials and Applications Development.
Through his carrier at EconCore, Tomasz has been developing lightweight material solutions for packaging, automotive, transportation and B&C applications, working with leaders of the different market segments. Tomasz's projects include installation and commercialisation of the honeycomb sandwich technology at TATA STEEL, RENOLIT, Wabash National, and other larger and smaller size companies. Tomasz has been guiding them on processing as well as material related aspects and has been leading programs of optimisation of sandwich and composite design with regards to specific applications.
Tomasz took an active role in starting up of EconCore's daughter company ThermHex Waben, being today a leading manufacturer of PP honeycomb cores for the composites industry.
In 2011 Tomasz became Technology Manager at EconCore taking the lead on the company's sales and marketing. In 2016 he was nominated Chief Operations Officer. Today he is combining technical and commercial roles at the company and leading EconCore's licensing, marketing and technology development activities.
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE:
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
THE LARGEST AUTOMOTIVE OEM-LED LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS CONGRESS IS RETURNING FOR ITS 8TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
After continuous global growth and expansion the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2019 conference is returning with a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme of High Performance Lightweight Materials for Electric Vehicle Body and Battery Structures.
Summit participants will learn about new material characteristics, key application areas and about overcoming real-world limitations for:
- New Steels & Mixed Metals Including Super High Strength Steels And Innovations To The Aluminium Series
- Innovations In Low Cost Composites Including The Use Of Recycled Composites
- Combining Hybrid Materials To Improve Material Performance Including Stiffness
- Developments In Lower Cost Glass-Fiber Technologies To Compete With Aluminium
This will include in-depth investigation into the latest developments and trends in multi-material architectures, material evaluation and selection strategies, innovative applications for the latest high strength steels, advanced aluminium alloys, composites, thermoplastics and emerging 'frontier' materials, component weight reduction strategies, as well as best use practices with innovative joining technologies and processes for BIW and many more.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the industry's evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions
- Unrivalled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and cocktail party that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures, bev battery structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.