WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From International OEMs with the following job titles:
Directors, Chiefs, Heads of, Managers And Specialists In The Following Areas:
- Lightweight Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mass, Energy and Aerodynamics
- Complete Vehicle Engineering
- Advanced Vehicle Technologies
- Group Engineering
- Engineering - Body Engineering
- Vehicle Architecture Engineering
- Body Structures
- Lightweight Construction and Vehicle Weight
- Technical Development
- Technology Development - Composites
- Polymers and Fluids
- Materials Concepts
- Co2 Technology Innovations
- Material Development
- Lifecycle Assessment
Innovating Platforms, Body Structures & Multi-Material Mix For Next-Gen Vehicles
2019 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
GALM Europe 2019 presents a brand new agenda featuring leading OEM experiences and introducing important technology innovations in high performance lightweight materials for Electric Vehicle Body and battery protections structures.
To be able to compete effectively in the global automotive arena, European OEMs are in urgent need of innovative multi-material solutions that will allow them to drive higher volume of BEVs, and to apply new multi-material design opportunities for the BEV Body-in-White and battery protection systems.
The 8th GALM Conference Europe returns on April 24-25th 2019 and has evolved with a new dedicated purpose to help OEMs deliver the next generation of lightweight electric and hybrid vehicles by bringing practical solutions for today combined with visions for the future. The summit will feature the latest OEM-led case studies and innovative solutions from the material and technology providers to the critical audience of the automotive experts.
NEW TOPICS FOR GALM EUROPE 2019:
Benchmarking Different Concepts For Integrating The Battery Into The Body-In-White And Battery Protection Structure
What are the different design guidelines and requirements to make optimal use of new high performance lightweight materials for electrified Body-In-White & battery protection structures?
Evaluating Simulation Models For Different Multi-Material Combinations And Assessing The Hottest Innovative Joining Solutions That Can Be Used In BEV Design And Manufacture Right Now
What are the latest innovations in the joining of dissimilar materials i.e. plastics, thermoplastics, steel sheet metal, aluminium for use in BEV body structures? How to use simulation to solve thermal and fatigue behaviour issues?
Optimization of Adhesive Applications In Automotive Production
How to apply the right amount of adhesive and avoid quality issues that can arise from over application? What are the current approaches and equipment used for non-destructive testing and quality control of joints?
The Visions For Lightweighting For Autonomous Vehicles
What are the new technologies for metal and composite additive manufacturing and how to apply them in automotive production applications?
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE:
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
THE LARGEST AUTOMOTIVE OEM-LED LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS CONGRESS IS RETURNING FOR ITS 8TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
After continuous global growth and expansion the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2019 conference is returning with a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme of High Performance Lightweight Materials for Electric Vehicle Body and Battery Structures.
Summit participants will learn about new material characteristics, key application areas and about overcoming real-world limitations for:
- New Steels & Mixed Metals Including Super High Strength Steels And Innovations To The Aluminium Series
- Innovations In Low Cost Composites Including The Use Of Recycled Composites
- Combining Hybrid Materials To Improve Material Performance Including Stiffness
- Developments In Lower Cost Glass-Fiber Technologies To Compete With Aluminium
This will include in-depth investigation into the latest developments and trends in multi-material architectures, material evaluation and selection strategies, innovative applications for the latest high strength steels, advanced aluminium alloys, composites, thermoplastics and emerging 'frontier' materials, component weight reduction strategies, as well as best use practices with innovative joining technologies and processes for BIW and many more.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the industry's evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions
- Unrivalled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and cocktail party that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures, bev battery structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.