WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Meet Senior Decision Makers From International OEMs with the following job titles:
Directors, Chiefs, Heads of, Managers And Specialists In The Following Areas:
- Lightweight Design
- Materials and Manufacturing Processes
- Mass, Energy and Aerodynamics
- Complete Vehicle Engineering
- Advanced Vehicle Technologies
- Group Engineering
- Engineering - Body Engineering
- Vehicle Architecture Engineering
- Body Structures
- Lightweight Construction and Vehicle Weight
- Technical Development
- Technology Development - Composites
- Polymers and Fluids
- Materials Concepts
- Co2 Technology Innovations
- Material Development
- Lifecycle Assessment
Innovating Platforms, Body Structures & Multi-Material Mix For Next-Gen Vehicles
2018 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON!
GALM EUROPE 2018 PRESENTS A BRAND NEW AGENDA SPANNING 30+ OEM LED PRESENTATIONS INTRODUCING NEW MATERIALS, MULTI MATERIAL DESIGNS AND ADVANCED JOINING METHODS
To be able to compete effectively on the global automotive arena the European OEMs are in need of the mature cost effective multi material solutions that will allow them to roll out more lightweight cars out of their assembly lines, adopting new designs and manufacturing practices to reflect changing consumer demands and global emission standards.
To help OEMs deliver the next generation of lightweight vehicles, the 7th GALM Conference Europe returns on April 25-26th 2018 with its legacy of bringing the latest OEM-led case studies and innovative solutions from the material and technology providers to the critical audience of the automotive experts.
KEY TOPICS FOR GALM EUROPE 2018:
Next-Gen Vehicle Platform, Architecture And Body Structure Opportunities For Innovation
How can OEMs ensure an integrated and holistic approach to the design and roll-out of a new generation of advanced multi-material vehicle platforms? What will be the mix and role for steel, aluminium, composites and other materials?
Exploiting The New Generation Of High Strength Steels And Aluminium Alloys
What is the current status and expectations on OEM future demand for high strength steel as a 'lightweight' material? What strategies are OEMs adopting with high strength aluminium alloys for lightweight body structures?
How Can EV Costs Be Better Controlled And Margins Increased?
How are OEMs overcoming the design and technical challenges associated with battery integration within body structure and chassis? How will recyclability impact material choices and manufacturing processes?
Assuring Improved Structural Integrity And Durability
What are the latest joining technologies, processes and best practices for specific use cases with dissimilar materials? How can advances in structural adhesive technologies be used most effectively? Which new non-destructive testing methods offer the most promise for faster and more effective quality control?
Safety And Crashworthiness Of Body Structures For EV
What are the best practices for impact protection integration into body structures and multi-level containment for crash management and compliance with regulatory obligations?
'Frontier' Materials And Potentially Disruptive Manufacturing Technologies
What is the latest thinking on the suitability and cost effectiveness of emerging automotive materials and processes including smart materials, substrates, advanced polymers, nanocomposites and additive manufacturing?
WHY THIS EVENT IS UNIQUE:
What Makes GALM The Industry Leading Event?
THE LARGEST AUTOMOTIVE OEM-LED LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIALS CONGRESS IS RETURNING FOR ITS 7TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
After continuous global growth and expansion the Global Automotive Lightweight Materials Europe 2018 conference is returning with a brand new programme with two full days focusing on the theme Innovating Platforms, Body Structures and Multi-Material Mix For Next-Gen Vehicles.
This will include in-depth investigation into the latest developments and trends in multi-material architectures, material evaluation and selection strategies, innovative applications for the latest high strength steels, advanced aluminium alloys, composites, thermoplastics and emerging 'frontier' materials, component weight reduction strategies, as well as best use practices with innovative joining technologies and processes for BIW and many more.
Summit participants will benefit from:
- New agenda topics and themes researched with industry peers that fully reflect the industry's evolution to a new generation of vehicles, including how the design and technical challenges posed by EVs in terms of costs and margins are being overcome.
- A highly informative mix of practical in-depth technical sessions, case study-led presentations and forward looking panels featuring leading OEMs, supplier innovations, technical experts and engineering professionals
- Technology innovation showcase comprising world leading providers of advanced materials, technologies, manufacturing solutions and live demonstrations in the adjoining exhibition hall to ensure participants are fully up-to-speed on key industry developments and directions
- Unrivalled networking opportunities including lunches, coffee breaks and cocktail party that ensure an interactive, dynamic gathering for engineers from OEMs, leading suppliers and technology innovators on automotive structures and materials
- A unique holistic perspective offering practical insights and thought leadership on lightweighting covering advanced materials, body structures and related integration and optimisation issues, CAE and simulation tools and techniques, joining and testing technologies, coupled with best practices and business cases for implementing those advancements into existing production lines.